it's been a while since i do 'work from home' due to current circumstances in jakarta.. back then I had one day to work from home since I joined my new office.. it's such a big privilege for me since I can work from home to accompany my mom or to do others activity without taking my annual leave..
but now, since corona virus outbreak, it's a mandatory for me to work from home.. and it's been 9 days after I took my mandatory work from home.. and I think it's quite a best time to take a break to evaluate how did I work from home..
to be honest, I hate work from home in this condition, why? because I couldn't go anywhere to do my work. sometimes I need to take a fresh air or a fresh environment to have a clear mind to perform my duty, since now I back to code again.. feels trapped in your room that quite messy is not a good way to have a clear mind, especially if there's a noise out my room.. my room is not soundproof or near to be soundproof, so i could hear if someone talk moreover if someone yelling, and sometimes it will distract your mind.. yeah, i need my time to concentrate to code..
sometimes i put my earphone so i couldn't hear them, or sometimes i put my music to be louder in order to decrease the noise, i know that it's not good, but what option that i do have here?
second, the connection problem.. since i'm working remotely the main things that need to be optimised is connection.. yeah there was a trouble for me to connect to server at my office. I do not know the main reason of it, but since I'm doing more trial and error so I need good connection for it.. I couldn't connect using my wifi, which i paid for a lump of money, but I could connect using my iphone connection tethering.. since there is a very bad reception here for cellular network, i couldn't work at my room with ease, sometimes i need to put my phone on the living room, sometimes i need to bring my laptop to the terrace to get reception.. it was a pain..
and third, and the most experience that I hate during constant working from home is..
I cannot de-stress..
since I put my mental / psychological on the top priority, de-stress is very important.. stress that accumulated during the coding process and adding with the noise from the outside, and my messy room need to be reduced.. well, i cannot de-stress because i am on my leisure zone entire day.. if my leisure zone become my stress zone, where would i go to relax my mind?
it bugs me a lot, since I couldn't go outside to drink coffee due to corona. I couldn't play games at my house, because it didn't excite me anymore.. I've lost my way to de-stress my mind.. on the office maybe I will take a walk or play a game to relax my mind, or if it been a rough day I will go to coffee shop after my office hour.. but now, I couldn't do one of it..
and I agree with one testimony that being posted on manual, that said "I cannot de-stress my mind after work at home ... and after this over, my first business is getting massage"
well yeah, I want to go to coffee shop, and go to massage, because my back is killing me, since I do not have proper chair for work..
well hope it will pass soon..
Thursday, April 2, 2020
wfh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment